Flu Testing Appointments Now Available at Seven County COVID-19 Test Sites | News
San Diegans can now get tested for influenza at seven County sites that formerly only provided COVID-19 testing and certain treatment options.
The no-cost testing appointments are being made available at COVID-19 testing locations statewide that are funded through a California Department of Public Health contract.
Appointments are recommended for the seven locations in San Diego County, although drop-ins will be accommodated if scheduling permits.
“This is a great resource for our families, friends and neighbors to conveniently find out if that cough, sneeze or achy feeling is the flu or COVID-19 without making a trip to urgent care or an emergency department,” said Dr. Denise Foster, County chief nursing officer. “Those who test positive for COVID can immediately see a telehealth provider to discuss treatment. Those positive with flu can contact their medical provider to discuss next steps, including treatment.”
The seven locations offering the no-cost testing appointments are open various hours, with at least one open every day of the week.
- Assessor Recorder County Clerk Building, 200 S Magnolia Ave. El Cajon
- Former Boys and Girls Club, 1301 Oleander Ave, Chula Vista
- Former USD Electronics Recycling Center, 5330 Linda Vista Rd. San Diego
- Heart Revolution Church, 1920 Sweetwater Rd. National City
- Imperial Beach Sports Park Recreation Center, 425 Imperial Beach Blvd. Imperial Beach
- North Coastal Live Well Center, 3708 Ocean Ranch Blvd. Oceanside
- North Inland Live Well Center, 649 W. Mission Ave. Escondido
For more information, hours of operation or to make an appointment, visit the County’s COVID-19 website.