Horror & Fascination at the Glore Psychiatric Museum | History Traveler Episode 216
One of the most fascinating things to study is the mind. Of equal interest is the history of how mental health has been treated. We’re in St. Joseph, MO at the Glore Psychiatric Museum which sits on the site of the former State Lunatic Asylum #2 and now serves to educate people on mental illness and it’s treatments. There wasn’t a single thing in this museum that we didn’t find interesting. Definitely one to watch until the end!
This episode was produced in partnership with The Gettysburg Museum of History. See how you can support history education & artifact preservation by visiting their website & store at https://www.gettysburgmuseumofhistory.com
Get your History Underground MERCH at www.thehistoryundergroundstore.com
Set yourself up with a 10% DISCOUNT on all Origin gear and nutritional products by entering the code “history10” at www.originmaine.com!
Other episodes that you might enjoy:
– Was JESSE JAMES Radicalized At This Place??? | History Traveler Episode 212: https://youtu.be/R-pXWYuK9AU
– The James Gang: From the FIRST ROBBERY to the FINAL SURRENDER | History Traveler Episode 213: https://youtu.be/QbcCcPLXRkw
– The Bullet That Killed Lincoln!!! | History Traveler Episode 15: https://youtu.be/AQabZQqIRzY
– The 12th SS Massacre of the Canadians in Normandy | History Traveler Episode 195: https://youtu.be/DCrG58SRc-M
– Holdy Battery: The Sister Gun Battery of Brecourt Manor | History Traveler Episode 187: https://youtu.be/JRFxIQ2X8fc
Support the effort to expand history education on PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/historyunderground
00:00 The Glore Psychiatric Museum
04:40 What to do at the asylum
07:48 SHOCKING disorders and practices!
19:20 Disturbing methods of mental health treatment
24:48 AMAZING artwork of mental health patients